Thank you for your purchase! We look forward to seeing you in Salt Lake City!
Thank you for your purchase! We look forward to seeing you in Cincinnati!
Thank you for your interest in playing in our AVP Cares and John Wayne Cancer Foundation ProAm supporting the fight against cancer. The John Wayne Cancer Foundation is AVP’s 2013 sunscreen partner for the AVP tour and we are thrilled to host these inspirational games of volleyball professionals and cancer survivors/fighters. John Wayne loved the outdoors and would encourage you to continue to fight cancer on the court with courage, strength and grit! AVP Cares, the philanthropic arm of the AVP, has agreed to give all donations back to the John Wayne Cancer Foundation at the end of the 7-stop tour.
Below provides you with the details that we know so far and the ProAms will take place the day before the finals (TBA) Cities:
- Cincinnati, Ohio – August 31 to September 2, 2013
- Atlantic City Invitational – September 6 –September 8, 2013
- St. Petersburg, Fla. – September 13 to 15, 2013
- Santa Barbara, Calif. – September 27 to 29, 2013
- Huntington Beach, Calif. – October 18 to 20, 2013
ProAm Game will take place in the afternoon on Sunday, September 1st. Time TBD
- 1 game to 15 pts – 4-on-4 format
- 6 total cancer survivors/fighters (3 on each team)
- 1 Pro player on each team
- Video board to display AVP Cares and JWCF logos along with pix of Amateur players and brief PA by the emcee as each one is introduced
- At end of match, pro or am player to promote going to website or booth to give donations to the John Wayne Cancer Foundation
Autograph signings to promote donations and ProAm game
- Earlier in day of the ProAm game, 2 players have autograph signing at AVP Cares booth. Fans must donate money or buy sunscreen to get an autograph and all proceeds go to John Wayne Cancer Foundation
- You are welcome to be at the booth with us
All Amateur players will receive 4 general admission (3-day, all sessions) tickets per survivor playing in the match.
All Amateur players and their guests are welcome to volunteer and ‘hang out’ at the John Wayne Cancer Foundation sunscreen booth throughout the weekend.
We are currently working on making t-shirts for each player in the ProAm game. TBA
What we need from you:
- Your commitment to participate (as soon as possible)
- Your contact information: name, address, phone, email. CELL PHONE for DAY OF EVENT
- A photo of you for when you are announced
- A short bio/timeline of your cancer diagnosis and survivorship…and anything special you’d like to add
- Tell your friends to come watch your courage, strength and grit!
Please contact me for more information and/or agreement to participate.