- Cincinnati, Ohio – August 31 to September 2, 2013
- Atlantic City Invitational – September 6 –September 8, 2013
- St. Petersburg, Fla. – September 13 to 15, 2013
- Santa Barbara, Calif. – September 27 to 29, 2013
- Huntington Beach, Calif. – October 18 to 20, 2013
- 1 game to 15 pts – 4-on-4 format
- 6 total cancer survivors/fighters (3 on each team)
- 1 Pro player on each team
- Video board to display AVP Cares and JWCF logos along with pix of Amateur players and brief PA by the emcee as each one is introduced
- At end of match, pro or am player to promote going to website or booth to give donations to the John Wayne Cancer Foundation
Autograph signings to promote donations and ProAm game
- Earlier in day of the ProAm game, 2 players have autograph signing at AVP Cares booth. Fans must donate money or buy sunscreen to get an autograph and all proceeds go to John Wayne Cancer Foundation
- You are welcome to be at the booth with us
All Amateur players will receive 4 general admission (3-day, all sessions) tickets per survivor playing in the match.
All Amateur players and their guests are welcome to volunteer and ‘hang out’ at the John Wayne Cancer Foundation sunscreen booth throughout the weekend.
We are currently working on making t-shirts for each player in the ProAm game. TBA
What we need from you:
- Your commitment to participate (as soon as possible)
- Your contact information: name, address, phone, email. CELL PHONE for DAY OF EVENT
- A photo of you for when you are announced
- A short bio/timeline of your cancer diagnosis and survivorship…and anything special you’d like to add
- Tell your friends to come watch your courage, strength and grit!
Please contact me for more information and/or agreement to participate.
To apply for media credentials to AVP tournaments, please click the following link: www.avpmedia.eventbrite.com
AVP Cares serves as the AVP’s main charitable beneficiary. Introduced in the 2013 season, AVP Cares is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that works with various groups that produce positive change for the community and the environment.
In its inaugural season, 100% of proceeds donated to AVP Cares went to benefit the John Wayne Cancer Foundation. AVP Cares raises money using various fundraising initiatives such as silent auctions, autograph sessions, and raffles on-site during tournament weekends.
To promote the partnership with the John Wayne Cancer Foundation, AVP Cares hosted a Pro/Am 4-on-4 match on Stadium Court at four of the seven 2013 tour stops, including the smart AVP Championships at Huntington Beach. Each Pro/Am team featured an AVP pro and three cancer survivors and/or fighters, playing one set to 15 points on the big stage. AVP pros showing their support were 2012 Olympic silver medalist April Ross, 2-time Olympian Jake Gibb, Jennifer Fopma, Tri Bourne, Priscilla Lima, Ryan Doherty, Kathryn Piening and Mark Burik.
Stay tuned for upcoming fundraising events benefitting AVP Cares and our partner organizations!
For questions or inquiries regarding AVP Cares, contact us at